Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Badlands Bow Hunters: A Very Cool Indoor Range in SLC

Hey guys! Happy Wednesday!

I wanted to quickly tell you all about a very cool indoor range my friend Eric and I visited yesterday that is definitely worth a visit for all of you slackers that still need to tune and or sight in your bow up to 40 yards.



Bad Lands Bow Hunters is located on 2827 S 2300 E in Salt Lake just off of I-80.

Throw your bow in your truck and swing by after work, you'll be glad you did! Inside the front door they have a pro shop if you're needing some tune up work done on your bow, arrows, broad heads, rest, sights, etc.  After you've spent your paycheck on the newest accessories (they also deal PRIME bows) make your way to the back of the building to test your skill and lock those pins down using any of the 12 shooting lanes.

Inside the range you have the ability to move a dozen 3d targets and trees around to set up different scenarios and angles.

Even though they close at 6:00 P.M. on Tuesdays, owner George Mattena was nice enough to let us in for an hour at 6:05 P.M. You guys already know how highly I value customer service so it means a lot when I can say that George treated us like we were old hunting buddies, although we had never met.

If you know someone that is interested in getting into the sport this would be a great place to take them. . .  a relaxed, safe, and controlled shooting environment. If you don't own your own own equipment George and the boys also have rental equipment for your Robin Hoodedness pleasure.

Maybe you just finished with a "Rambo" marathon and just want to go shoot arrows at stuff. . . .. here's your place.

For all you dirt bags. . . . .at $6/hour, $35/month or $300/year this place is a hell of a lot cheaper than poaching AND you won't get you ass kicked by me.

The turkey hangs from a garage door track that runs it back and forth across the range. George called it the "arrow killer".

Big antlers to simulate buck fever.


They even have an elevated lane to simulate shooting from a tree stand.

A look down Eric's sight picture.

Swing by Bad Lands Bow Hunters and give it a try, it's the best $6 you'll spend this month I guarantee it. They are closed Sunday and Monday, Open from 12-6:00 P.M. on Tuesdays, 12:00-9:00 P.M. Wednesday-Friday, and Saturdays from 1:00-7:00 P.M.

They also have group, youth, and scout rates and shooting leagues. Give George a call at 801 487 3665 or shoot him at email at Geoge@BadLandsBowHunters.com with any questions!

Please check out the Bad Lands site at http://www.badlandsbowhunters.com/

They also do Hydroprinting, which I will leave a review on as soon as I get something done! I'm thinking about taking my shotgut in to get the entire thing done in Mossy Oak.


3 comments:

  1. Nice write up Matt! I completely agree about this shop. I was surprised to have such a great shop so close by to where I live that was a fun environment to shoot in. I recommend it to all those who are interested in tuning in and also for those who are tired of shooting the same old block target. Fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,

    I will have to check this shop out and bring a couple of my hunting buddies to be ready for the bow hunt next month. Seems very reasonable for prices too. My friend posted your blog to his facebook today and I checked it out. Blog is cool. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Micah!

    Hey keep an eye on Groupon too, Bad Lands had a deal on their not to long ago where for $10 you and a buddy could shoot for an hour.

    Definitly stop by and give them a look though, if you're sighting in you can't beat the conditions.

    Thanks for checking the blog out and leaving a comment man! Keep me posted on your hunt!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
Let me now what you think!